Upcoming Women's Events
In addtion to the 3 round Nicol Jackson Women's Series HPRW will be holding three additional women’s only handicap criterium races at Nundah. The first two were May 10 and July 5th - the third and final crit will be on Aug 13th. Here are the May 10 results and photos and here are the July 5 results. Here are some podium shots from the first race.
2014 Nicol Jackson Womens Series
- Introduction to Racing Course Saturday Jun 21 @ Nundah 6:45am for a 7:00am start
- Race 1 - Saturday June 28 @ Elimbah (Road Race) - Full Results Photos and Series Points
- Race 2 - Saturday July 26 @ Closeburn (Individual Time Trial) Racing starts at 8am. 33km Course - Full details
- Race 3 - Sunday August 10 @ Nundah (Criterium) Racing starts at 8am - Full details
Women's Series FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How do I enter? You don't need to enter in advance - just turn up on the day and pay your $10 entry fee. Arrive early especially if you need to purchase a 3 day licence.
Can I enter a single event? YES - you can enter only one or all events as you simply pay your entry on the day of the race 15-30 mins before the start time. If you do not have a race licence then we suggest you allow a little extra time before your first event to complete your 3 ride licence paperwork or you can join our HPRW club. Allow yourself at least 40 mins before the start time to fill in the forms & register and pay your race entry, that way you should still have enough time to warm up etc. Registrations for each event close 15 mins before start time - so make sure you leave enough time to get to the respective locations.
- Elimbah Course (Just north of Caboolture)
- Closeburn ITT course (Closeburn is located Between Samford and Dayboro. The course heads towards Dayboro for 10km before turning around and returning to the start point)
- Albert Bishop Park Criterium Course (Nundah)
Rules and details
- In the event of a tie the rider who scores points first in the series shall be the winner.
- Points Allocation 1st – 15, 2nd – 12, 3rd – 9, 4th – 7, Finisher – 1 point
- Women will only be eligible to race in Women’s events on the dates above (the other races will be men only)
- Line entries accepted on the day at each race location (no need to pre-register)
- These events are women’s restricted open events. Women riders from other clubs are encouraged to participate. If you haven't been race graded by HPRW, please speak to our club handicapper before registering to determine your grade. Please allow extra time prior to registering if ungraded
- Registrations close 15 minutes before start time
- New riders welcome to purchase a 3 day racing licence in order to participate e.g. $44 cost + $10 race entry per event. Cost of a 3 day licence is deducted from the membership fee if you become a member