HWCC Juniors Training - Tuesdays and Thursdays at Nundah. U9/11/13 - and U15/17 - Contact Kris Kersley for details.
* Nundah Criterium Circuit Training Afternoons -
* Wednesdays - The 'Pain Train' - suitable for A/B grade riders - hard and fast - from (except during twilight race events) - 15 minute warm-up, pace lines, chases, hard race training. A more steady group suitable for B/C grade riders is now also training on Wednesdays from The 'Pain Train' operates on the preceding , when the Wednesday Twilight Series races are being held (same times).
* Thursdays - The 'Tempo Team' - suitable for B/C grade riders - Warm-up (max speed 35kph!). Paceline (max speed 38kph! - 1 or 2 lap turns in the lead only). final lap - sprint finish (safety first!).
* Ascot Catering Group Ride – Join the HWCC/Ascot Catering Team on their morningrides. Meet at the cannon at Nundah Memorial Park, each . Also, coffee rides to Nudgee Beach, starting at the Nundah crit track at every morning. Email Michael if you wish to go onto the weekday/weekend rides email list.
Training Races - Occasionally we will run some fun training races at Nundah, run by our club
coaches as well as experienced club members. Check the calendar for when the next training race will be held.
This is a way to assist riders new to racing or with relatively little experience, as well as address any
safety issues. We rotate this through the different grades, one grade at a time.This will replace the
normal race for that grade that week.
Cost is only be $5 and you get a free coffee or drink afterwards.
There will be several short 'races' held, with a quick debrief in the marshalling area after each 'race'.
Topics we will try and cover are:
- Rolling smooth tight pacelines - (being predictable, scanning ahead, staying relaxed, not overlapping wheels)
- How to pass or be passed by other groups on the track safely
- Grass crit in the infield to practice bumping other riders, rubbing tyres and other skills.
These training races are not compulsory, but a record of attendance will be kept which will also assist with grading. For more information or if you have a specific issue you'd like address,
please contact Wayne Wilson at