- Hits: 6715
Racing at Lakeside Park -Special Licence Required
To race at lakeside you will need a Lakeside Licence in addition to your Cycling Australia licence. Please arrive early to complete this process or if you don't want to stand in a queue you can fill the form out in advance - click HERE to download
A 12 month licence is $55, which will cover you for ALL Lakeside events this year (including ANZAC 25). A single day fee is $10.
It is important for riders to be advised of and act on the following points should they wish to race at Lakeside:
- Hamilton Wheelers use the track under the authority of Qld Raceways (QR) – the lessee of the venue.
- QR conditions of use require each rider to have a “licence” to ride on the track.
- An application form must be completed and paid for before riders enter the track on their bike.
- Licences have 2 types – year long or day long
- Cost is $55 and $10 respectively (Juniors are $20 p.a.)
- Licence application forms can be downloaded, and will be processed on the day.
- Licences can also be issued at the venue on the day, but pre-completion is recommended to save time on the day
- All licence applications are issued by QR, Hamilton Wheelers act merely as an intermediary to assist facilitating QR requirements for use of their facility.
- The year long licence is a card (similar to the CQ licence) and will be posted to the bearer, whilst the day licence will be the paper application each time a rider takes that option. (the year licence obviously is the best value)
- Normal race fees for a Hamilton Wheelers event - $10 - will apply and are separate to the “Lakeside Licence”
Hamilton Wheelers Club Executive have agreed to pay for Hamilton Junior members Lakeside Licences.